What Will You Read Here?
- Obesity – All Over the World
- Obesity in USA: The Highest in the World
- Obesity Among Adults in 2015 – Highest in USA
- Obesity Among Adults in 2016 – Highest in USA
- Highest Prevalence of Obesity in USA
- Adult Obesity Rates by State, 2017
- Adult Obesity Rates by State, 2018
- Highest Obesity Rates in Children in USA
- Very Constant Increase in Obesity Rate in USA
- Region-wise Obesity Rates in USA
- Death Rates in USA – Highly Affected by Obesity
- Obesity Rates are Expected to Increase Further
Obesity – All Over the World
Obesity is not only increasing in USA, it is spreading all over the world. You will read very detail information about the obesity in USA from the different perspectives. It includes the previous years’ comparisons and the current status of obesity in American States, in Children, in Men and Women.
According to the published information of World Health Organization:
- Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975.
- In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight and over 650 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.
- Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- 41 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2016.
- Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5-19 were overweight or obese in 2016.
It is a very good precaution to measure your body weight and BMI with any reliable digital scale. It will help to prevent you from the negative impacts of your extra body fats.
You may also read our Weight Loss Guide supported by more than 600 research studies.
As the Coronavirus is spreading all over the world, you may also read ‘How to boost Immune System to Fight with Viral Infections?‘.
Obesity in USA: The Highest in the World
Do you know that the obesity affect more than one out of three Adults in United States? It also affects about 17% of Children and Adolescents in USA.
As per World Population Review: United States is at 3rd position in Obesity in the 10 most populated countries in the world in 2019.
Obesity Among Adults in 2015 – Highest in USA
Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) issued a research report on Obesity with the name ‘Obesity Update 2017’. In this report OECD provided the obesity rates of different countries. According to this report USA scores the highest Obesity Rate among the Adults.
Obesity Among Adults in 2016 – Highest in USA
Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) provided the information about Obesity Rates in Adults in the countries of OECD. In this information, OECD provided the obesity rates of different countries for the year 2016. USA again scores the highest Obesity Rate among the American Adults in 2016.
Highest Prevalence of Obesity in USA
As per World Health Organization: Obesity is affecting the large proportions in the region of the Americas. It has now the highest prevalence of all the World Health Organization regions. About 62% of adults are overweight or obese. 20% to 25% children and adolescents are affected by the obesity.
Each year, the “State of Obesity: Better Policies for a Healthier America” report highlights the latest obesity trends. This is the 15th annual ‘State of Obesity report’ by TFAH and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation published in Sep-18.
Better Policies for a Healthier America was released by ‘Trust for America’s Health’ (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF).
‘According to the most recent National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 18.5% of children and 39.6% of adults had obesity in 2015-2016. These are the highest rates ever documented by NHANES. There were no statistically significant changes in youth or adult rates compared with the 2013-2014 survey. But the rates have increased significantly since 1999-2000, when 13.9% of children and 30.5% of adults had obesity.
According to the ‘Obesity Update 2017 by OECD, from 1972 to 2013, USA is constantly at highest Obesity position.
Adult Obesity Rates by State, 2017
CDC’s 2017 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey showed that the adult obesity rates significantly increased in six states of USA. It is alarming that no state of USA experienced a reduction in rates of obesity.
NOTE to reporters: See full report at TFAH.org/ObesityReport2018 and StateofObesity.org for state-by-state obesity rates, data interactives, priority policy summaries, and briefs for all 50 states.
Trust for America’s Health is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that promotes optimal health for every person and community and makes the prevention of illness and injury a national priority. www.tfah.org
Adult Obesity Rates by State, 2018
Adult Obesity Rates now exceed 35% in nine states, 30% in 31 states and 25% in 48 states. Mississippi and West Virginia have the highest adult obesity rate at 39.5% and Colorado has the lowest at 23%. Between 2017 and 2018, the adult obesity rate increased in Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, and Utah, decreased in Alaska, and remained stable in the rest of states and D.C.
Highest Obesity Rates in Children in USA
According to the OECD ‘Obesity Update 2017’, Obesity Rate in Children from 3 years to 17 years of age is very high. On the other hand, obesity rate is much higher in boys than in girls in USA.
A more detailed analysis covering children aged 3 to 17 at several points in time shows relatively stable rates in France up to 2012. While the trends have been somewhat upward again for both boys and girls in England since 2012, and since 2011 for boys in the United States.
Very Constant Increase in Obesity Rate in USA
World Health Organization Report published a report about ‘The Impact of Chronic Disease in the United States’. According to that report, Obesity is constantly increasing in Adults especially. A comparison of 2005 and 2015 is given below:
Region-wise Obesity Rates in USA
According to the ‘Core Indicators 2019 | Health Trends in The America’ issued by ‘Pan American Health Organization’ (PAHO) and World Health Organization (WHO):
Death Rates in USA – Highly Affected by Obesity
According to the World Health Organization Report of ‘The Impact of Chronic Disease in the United States’: Chronic diseases are the major cause of death and disability worldwide.
Obesity Rates are Expected to Increase Further
According to the OECD Report: the projections show a steady increase in obesity rates until at least 2030 (Figure 5). Obesity levels are expected to be particularly high in the United States, Mexico and England. So, 47%, 39% and 35% of the population respectively are projected to be obese in 2030. On the contrary, the increase is expected to be weaker in Italy and Korea, with obesity rates projected to be 13% and 9% in 2030, respectively. The level of obesity in France is projected to nearly match that of Spain, at 21% in 2030. Obesity rates are projected to increase at a faster pace in Korea and Switzerland where rates have been historically low.
You have read how this obesity has spread and still spreading in the USA. All the information presented here has been collected from very trustworthy sources.
You should not be ignorant of your weight Because Your Health Matters. Don’t get late, start measuring your weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) with The best Weight Scales of 2020.
Obesity may cause many adverse effects on your health. That include:
- Diabetes: Diabetes is directly related to your body weight. Your body fats are the main characters in causing diabetes. The diabetes is already spreading badly in the USA. Read more about Diabetes in USA.
- Male Infertility: Your body fats directly cause harm to your testosterone levels. As a result, your endocrine system is disturbed. Moreover, sperm count, sperm morphology and sperm motility are disturbed by the body masses. So, these body fats affect your fertility in many ways. Testosterone levels are not only disturbed by obesity only. With the increasing age, testosterone levels are automatically decreased. Testosterone boosters are the best to increase your testosterone levels.
- Female Menstrual Problems: Extra body fats disturb the female’s pubertal system first. Then, these body masses create menstrual problems. Therefore, the irregular menstrual cycle itself causes a lot of health problems for extra weight females.
- Female Infertility: By harming menstrual cycle, extra body fats directly hit the fertility of the females. It causes problems in the functions of ovaries and uterus.
Read our Weight Loss Guide supported by more than 600 research studies. It will help you to lose weight in a really fast, safe and natural way. High Protein Foods are the best to fill your body with energy. Diet pills or appetite suppressants are also best to control repetitive cravings for food or sweets.
As the Coronavirus is spreading all over the world, you may also read ‘How to Boost the Immune System to Fight with Viral Infections?‘.
If you like this informative post, do like, share and comment. Thank you for being here!