What Will You Read Here?
- Introduction of Treadmill
- Treadmill – An Ideal Alternate of Walking in An Open Environment
- Best Treadmill for Your Weight Loss
Introduction of Treadmill
A treadmill is a machine with a rotatable belt that allows to walk, run or climb on it while staying in the same place. Treadmill helps to lose weight. You will find the research studies in the coming sections.
It is an ideal substitute for walking or running outside. One study reported that over 50 million Americans use the treadmill. According to Statista Survey Statistics, about 52.97 million people in the United States used Treadmill for Walking or Running in 2017.
Treadmill – An Ideal Alternate of Walking in An Open Environment
Walking is an easy way of physical activity. That has many benefits for your health. Meanwhile, there are also some disadvantages of walking or running in an open area.
One big disadvantage is the risk of injury. According to a research, out of 300 runners in a study for 2 years, 66% (199 runners) sustained at least 1 injury. In those 66% (199 runners) of injured runners, 73% were women and 62% were men. That research highlighted two research based findings. (1) Women sustained injuries more than men. (2) Greater knee stiffness was more common in the runners, having body weight above than 80 Kg. 1
Walking or running on treadmills has the same benefits as in the open ground. So, it is better to highlight some benefits of a treadmill.
Benefits of Treadmill to Lose Weight
- Walking or running on a treadmill has the same benefits as walking or running in an open area. 2
- You don’t have any weather or temperature constraints for your physical activity. So, no thunder storm, rain, fog, snowfall or extreme weather can resist your physical activity.
- The treadmill makes it easy to track your mileage and pace. So, you can control your pace.
- No need for a gym membership. Because you are free for your walk or run.
- You can listen to music while doing exercise on a treadmill. You may also watch your favorite movies. Moreover, the treadmill exercise with music tempo and loudness level has positive effects on exercise results. 3
- Treadmill offers better shock absorption than outside ground pavements. As a result, there is less stress on the ankles and knees. It offers a smooth surface. So, it is very helpful for your smooth walk or running.
The Inclined Surface of Treadmill and Weight Loss
- If you want to walk on a hill, you can increase incline in the treadmill. The Incline walking on Treadmill has very positive effects on your joints. Walking or running on the ground, which may be unequal & non-smooth, may cause joints to pain in legs. Moreover, on the other hand, a treadmill saves you from joint pains. 4
You can change the speed and incline of treadmill easily. It supports High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts. Research proved that HIIT workouts are very effective to lose the weight fast. It also improves your metabolism rate, burns calories and body fats. It also improves cardiovascular fitness. So, treadmill can be used to lose weight as many medical researches are supporting it. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Treadmills to Become a Professional
- If you want to become an athlete or a professional runner, Treadmill will also help you surely. The Treadmill with body weight support is the best one to have the maximum running speed. The same results have been proved for inclined Treadmill Training. 19, 20
Treadmill for a Safer Walk-in Different Health Conditions
- The Treadmill is safe and feasible for the exercise of children with Cerebral Palsy. A congenital disorder of movement, muscle tone, or posture. 21
- Simple Treadmill training is very effective for individuals having Peripheral Arterial Disease. A circulatory condition in which narrowed blood vessels reduce blood flow to the limbs. Treadmill walking is more effective for such patients than even strength training. 22, 23, 24, 25
Other Health Benefits of Treadmills
- Walking or running on a Treadmill is the best way to increase physical performance. 26
- Walking or running on a Treadmill also helps to reduce anger, dejection, and anxiety. 27
- The brisk walking on a treadmill improves health conditions in pulmonary hypertension. 28
- The Inclined Treadmill training can improve the aerobic capacity in patients with stroke. It supports fast recovery in patients after stroke. 29, 30
- Treadmill walking with a moderate incline is a potential exercise strategy. So, it helps to reduce musculoskeletal injury. It also provides proper cardiovascular stimulus in obese adults. 31
Best Treadmill for Your Weight Loss
You know it is not an easy job to search a product to buy online. There are many risks in online shopping. It includes loss of money, warranty issues, etc. Moreover, receiving an entirely different product as compared to that shown online.
We have selected Amazon Best Selling brand of Treadmill; Nordictrack for you.
Its official website has a traffic of more than 1.4 million visitors. That is amazing.
Their website has more than 94% traffic from United States only. So, it shows the trust of American customers. You can see that 24% visitors come directly to NordicTrack website. More than 46% visitors come on their website through Google.
It has more than 220K followers on Facebook.
Its official page on Instagram has more than 256K followers.
So, all these statistics show the trust of its customers and its good brand image.
The reviews of real users of the product are the good source of information about it. NordicTrack has good rating from customers. It is the No.1 Best Selling on the Amazon. So, Amazon also recommends it. The customer reviews also confirm it.
NordicTrack Best Treadmills – A Detailed Comparison
Available on Amazon
You have read a number research studies that support the Treadmill’s health benefits, especially weight loss benefits. If you want to lose weight with Walking or Running At Home, Treadmill is a best companion for your weight loss goal. Choose your favorite Treadmill from the above comparison and start enjoying easy workouts of Treadmill at home.
Obesity is increasing all over the globe, especially in the USA. It is highly recommended to measure your Body Mass Index and Body Fats with reliable scale. Many studies prove that self-weighing with weight scales help to lose weight. You have many other options to enhance the output of Treadmill for weight loss. That complimentary options include:
- Foods rich in proteins to support your weight loss goal
- Drinks rich in proteins to enhance your treadmill workout’s output
- Supplements rich in proteins to support your body’s proteins requirement
- Dietary weight loss pills to boost your metabolism and more energy consumption
- Bodybuilding for an enhanced weight loss
- Yoga for weight loss as an easy workout at home
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is pushing the whole world towards very dangerous health risks. As no vaccine has been discovered for this viral infection, it is highly recommended to boost your innate immune system to fight with viral infections.
Share With Us
Hopefully, you have enjoyed our research about Treadmill benefits with the help of 30 research studies.
Share with us what you like from this research. If you have any experience with any above-mentioned Treadmill, feel pleasure to share with us.
Your feedback and comment is very important for us. Do share your feelings with us about this Treadmill Guide.